International Custody & Visitation

MKFL can help with:

  • understanding the legal implications of moving your child across international borders to change their residence or for limited travel
  • creating a strategy if you plan on relocating to another country with your child
  • working with highly mobile families, like military, foreign service, or international organization employees pre- and post-relocation to understand the legal issues of moving with their children 
  • crafting a tailored and practical cross-border parenting plan and thinking through issues common among expat families and children
  • helping craft language for parenting plans that maximize legal options in the future for mobile families
  • working with local family lawyers to understand the legal complexities when more than one country is involved in a child custody dispute between parents
  • understanding the rules that determine where (what country and what court) you can seek a child custody order